Monday, April 06, 2009

Kudos to Friends

I'm kinda happy that life has some how gotten back to that happy pace...
Its a season (and moment) in my life whereby I don't feel angsty, feel thankful and somewhat hopeful. =)
I hope it won't just last a moment, but it will last a long time.

Things are somewhat going at a good pace at church, and yeah, ministries I'm serving in are starting to bear fruit, as I see lives being changed.
With the veil lifted, I kind of can give thanks for where God has placed me at work. In a position of influence, to reach out to women and children in Asia. To be part of community development projects, empower and touch lives.

I'm starting to enjoy friendships. A friend told me- sometimes, what we are simply looking for is Friends, and not a mate. That statement made me ponder a lot. I've maybe unconsciously overlooked the role and importance of friends in my life. Having someone to be there for you, a friend to walk long distances with, to talk abt anything under the sun, and to pray together. That kind of resonance with another person- deep and lasting friendship.
There's things that a mate can do with you that a friend can't ofcos. But for now, I'm giving thanks for friends.

We had our JC gathering on Sat night, and we went for KTV! I haven't gone for maybe a year, and it was nice singing and laughing together with my ex-classmates of a decade. =) In a sense- a "friend" is so loosely defined, that we call anyone our friend. Whereas a "friend" in its truest sense encompasses so much more. Of inputting and giving into each others lives. I am blessed to have a few friends from my JC class.

C.S. Lewis deferentiates friends from companions...maybe i will elaborate another time. But friends.....X tells Y abt something, and Y goes, yes, I feel the same way too! And X and Y start becoming friends....

Yest I had dinner with a small grp of church friends too, cos it was someone's bday. We had dinner at 5 Star Chicken Rice at Upper Bukit Timah. Yeah...so far for a eastie like me. After that we had icecream at Sunset Way- Daily Scoops. Trust me, I never knew the existance of these places until I started attending CEFC. But it was again a nice time of laughing and sharing over dinner. And I'm thankful for friendships built over the past 2 years plus in church =)

Yeah...so in that sense....I'm in a happy place. I really need FRIENDS!

2 comments:

janaie said...

Me too! The Sat gathering was nice and casual. I hadnt gone for KTV for a zillion years too (oh, actually, not since Dec 08. hehe). Wanna thank spinkypinkie again for making that much effort to organise.

The gathering also reminded me how long we have been apart. In a sense, life has moved on for most, if not all, and rightly so. There are those married, maybe with a kid or 2, with different phases in life. Yet, we kinda still remember as when we first knew one another a decade ago. Beyond the surfaces, maybe we havent really changed that much.

Makes me miss the connection felt, having seen one another in good and bad times throughout these many years. After all, transparency and vulnerability cant be that loosely shown at this age.

In short, let's meet up more often la, and let me know when u next go to the gym. Paiseh to type so much, it became almost like my blog entry. But u'll forgive me hor.

Lois said...

hihi....yeah.. i think transparency and vulnerability are so impt ;p Being able to find frens who know who u r and able to accept u! =)

Kudos to our friendships fr JC